08 January 2011

The Iron King by Julie Kagawa


“Ladies and Felines,” he stated grandly, grasping the doorknob, “Welcome to Tir Na Nog. Land of endless winter and shitloads of snow.” -Puck
Okay, so I had unreasonably high expectations of Meghan. Mainly because her name was Meghan, and us Meghan’s simply have a higher standard to live up to. =] That said, I admired her. I admired her strength, cleverness, determination, and love for her little brother. This was an incredible book. I couldn’t put it down. It played on all of my favorite fey legends, and was beautifully written. The Iron Fey are a great new twist on classic fey mythology. The plot was fast paced, and nothing was ever pointless. 
Puck has been keeping an eye on Meghan Chase for years, though Meghan only knew him as her best buddy Robbie, not as the immortal fey of legend. All of this changes though on her 16th birthday when Meghan’s little brother Ethan is  kidnapped by the fey and a bloodthirsty little changeling left in his place. Meghan soon finds herself thrust into the adventure of her life as she travels to the Nevernever to rescue her brother. Along the way, she starts to come to terms with who she really is and that she is not as helpless as she thinks. 
Grimalkin was probably my favorite overall, I adore witty sarcastic characters, and this snarky cat was brilliant. Does anyone else totally think of Grim when seeing this gif? I know I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment